Sunday 1 July 2012

Handmade Monday, Lincolnshire Show And My First Treasury On Etsy


Happy Handmade Monday folks. If you don't know what this is please take a look at Handmade Harbour for all you need to know.

I hope everyone has had a lovely weekend. If you are watching the final of the football tonight I also hope your team will win. I'm going with Italy as they beat England I want to show we lost to a decent team!

Anyway, this week I've been busy recovering from The Lincolnshire Show. Where I had a stand. The weather was not kind on the second day and it was quite a traumatic experience! I did actually think the marquee would fly away!!!! I also ruined a fair bit of stock as the ground got VERY muddy :( here's a piccie of my stall on the sunny day!
The shelving which is nicely modelling my bags was made for me by Drew at Handy Woodcrafts and what a talent he has! I'm sure you will agree it has displayed them nicely. I suggest you pop by and find them on facebook as well to see more of their amazing work :)

A selection of my clutch bags which can be found on my website

I shared my stall with the lovely Tinx Treats. She has a wonderful selection of handmade products - her Bridal collection is superb!!!! You can find them on facebook


Yes that is a flying dog modelling one of my Union Jack Bandanas! 



Etsy Treasury

This week I have also created my first Etsy treasury. I have been a member of Etsy for years and I decided to feature some of the wonderful talent there is out there.
For this, you have to come up with a theme and then using that theme link back to fellow Etsians and their product you have featured. I decided as it is the British Summertime (although it may not seem it) to go with a 'British Summer Theme' 
I found some stunning work, all handmade of course. A few of my favourites:
Lampwork glass bead set  (13)  -  Soft Summer Lavender Pink - UK SRA

              Lampwork glass bead set - Soft Summer Lavender Pink - By VasDea



Textile Canvas  'Where's the Caterpillar' Summer Home Decor, British Cottage Shabby Chic, Kitchen Decor.
Textile Canvas 'Where's The Caterpillar?' Summer Home Decor - By  DaisyLionsUK
Cream Tea Scone Earrings. Polymer Clay.
Cream Tea Scone Earrings Polymer Clay - By GiraffesKiss


These are lovely aren't they? Now for a peek at the Treasury! I hope you like it, if you do please be so kind to add a reply below it or on here to let me know! I hope it gets you in the mood for summer!

One last item to show you, I had a sale through the Craftsforum this week (wonderful selection of people on there!) it was from the lovely Anna at Sweet Fimo Heaven. Her pesky moggy George needed a new collar as he keeps losing his, so he has gone with my Skull And Crossbones Ship Mate Collar

What a pro!

Have a lovely week everybody!
xx

 
                                           

17 comments:

Wendy said...

The stall looks lovely - wind is a nightmare, isn't it? A flying gazebo is not much fun.

Tickled Pink said...

I love those earrings - good enough to eat. Such a shame that the weather spoilt some of your stock - I wonder whether we are actually going to have a summer or not.

Myth Illogical said...

I love your flying dog supermodel! And George's collar is great.

fatmonica said...

Love the look of your stall,shame about the weather though.Those scone ear rings are fab!

lorenabr said...

Looks amazing - the clutches are great!

Carolee Crafts said...

Your stall looks good and am so sorry you lost some stock due to the weather, a crafters nightmare.

Christmas Pie Crafts said...

Your stall looks great - such a shame about the weather. Love the earrings - good enough to eat. Hope you have a good week.

HandyWoodcrafts said...

Thanks for the mention :) Weather is so unpredictable recently but your stall looks great. The moggy lookes like he is all cock-a-hoot with his new collar.

Free Spirit Designs said...

your stall looks gorgeous! its a shame about the second day trauma... i hope that you made some sales too!

your Etsy treasury is fab, i stopped by and left a comment. I love treasuries :) If you'd like to share them on your blog there are a couple of widgets that are pretty easy to use:

http://www.craftcult.com/treasury_widget.php?ref=tw_link

http://redrowstudio.com/tools/treasury.php

hope this helps! x

Anonymous said...

I love your clutch bags and those earings are far to good to be earings! Well done on your sale too. Have a good week :)

Nicki Tustin said...

I can sympathize with you I had a tent blow away once, wasnt nice

Cocoa & Heart said...

You are really brave to survive the weather !

stylesofcooking said...

Those ear rings look good enough to eat!! How awful your stock was damaged by weather. Your stall looks fab tho ad Drew's shelving works well for display.

Ali said...

Your stall looks lovely despite the wind. Popped over to your website, it's great. I had a chuckle at the liquorice allsort bag. I love the bag but I can't stand liquorice. Have a crafty week. Ali x

ZukieStyle said...

Thank you all for the wonderful comments :)
Free Spirit - thanks for the links I'd already used this site for my shop link on Etsy but wan't aware of the Treasury one, so it is now added :)
I've got used to the outdoor life now and braving the elements! That's the problem with selling pet products!

Jan said...

Gosh the weather has a lot to answer for this 'summer'. Love your 'flying dog' :o)

Jan x

Highland Monkey's said...

Hope you made lots of sales on your lovely stall before the rain came :0(
I think the cat is modeling the collar very well I'm sure he'd like a bandana as well!

All About The Bag

All About The Bag
Photo Shoot For 'Beached Out' 2010